- Mention the creator of the tag (Ayunda @ Tea and Paperbacks).
- Thank the blogger who tagged you!
- Choose one of the options, you don’t have to tell the reasons why you chose that but you can also do them if you want to.
- Tag 10 other people to do this tag to spread the love!”
I was tagged by The Night is Dark and Full of Books to complete the This or That Book Tag. The original tag was created by Ayunda @ Tea and Paperbacks. As the title suggests, you choose one of two options, this or that. Here we go!
1. Reading on the couch or on the bed?
I like both. But if I had to choose it would be the couch (as long as I can put my feet up).
2. Female or male main character?
Female main character. As a female myself, I relate better to strong girl/women characters in most book.
3. Sweet or salty snacks while reading?
Salty. I love snacking on pretzel rods or tortilla chips when reading. Although, I do get annoyed when crumbs decide to make a home in the pages and the crevices of my books.
4. Trilogies or quartets?
Trilogies. It can be hard for me to finish a book series, especially if I have to wait for the remaining books years at a time. When a new book comes out in a series, I feel the need to read the predecessors first. On occasion, I just don’t have the time. Sometimes, I can’t get back into a series I had previously loved. As it turns out, for me in the book world, time doesn’t always heal all wounds.
5. First person or third person point of view?
Ok, this is a hard one. I think it depends on the author and how they handle POVs. If I have to choose, probably first person. I have an easier time connecting with the characters that way.
6. Reading at night or in the morning?
Night. 100%. I am a night owl. In the morning, I tend to be grumpy and non-talkative. (Fun fact: I don’t drink coffee or tea.) Reading before I go to sleep helps me relax and unwind from long, stressful days. On the other hand, some books keep me awake till after midnight. I always say “one more page,” but one page turns into chapters, and then, suddenly, there are no more pages left to read.
7. Libraries or bookstores?
I would have to go with bookstores, since I haven’t been to my public library in years. I like to buy books, because I almost always want to read them again. I have so many books in my room that my bookshelf is overflowing. One day, I hope to have a personal “library” filled with floor to ceiling bookshelves that cover the walls.
8. Books that make you laugh or cry?
I would prefer laughing over crying. I am an ugly crier and tears tend to give me headaches.
9. Black or white book covers?
Black. White covers look so fancy and pristine, but they also have a tendency to get dirty. Besides the fact that I love black, (P.S. I wear black almost every day) I think black covers are sharp. They are a trend in the current book world, and I am a periodic trend follower.
10. Character or plot driven?
I’m not even sure if I can choose. I think both the character and the plot together make for a good book, not separately. While I am ok with character driven books like And I Darken, there are some, like Collide, that I don’t fully enjoy. So I would have to go with plot driven. I want action; I want something to happen.
Tag, you’re it! If you have already been tagged, ignore this or send me you link to add it to this post. If you are tagged but you don’t have the time to complete this, I untag you. If I didn’t tag you but you want to complete this book tag, consider yourself tagged. Have fun and happy reading!
- Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict
- Mish @ Bibliophile Mish
- Jordan @ The Heart of a Book Blogger – This or That Book Tag
- Sophia @ Viva la Book Life
- Nikita @ The Utter and Complete Bookworm – This or That Book Tag
- CW @ Read, Think, Ponder
- Allie @ The Perks of Being a Book Freak
- Ashley @ Falling Down the Book Hole – This or That Book Tag
- Esther @ Chapter Adventures – This or That Book Tag
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight